Postdoctoral position: Open Science Practice in Infant Research
The Concordia Infant Research Lab, directed by Dr. Krista Byers-Heinlein, is seeking a Concordia Horizon Postdoctoral Fellow to join our dynamic and friendly lab. The lab is housed in the Psychology Department of Concordia University in Montreal, on the beautiful Loyola Campus. The postdoctoral fellow will be positioned at the forefront of an Open Science revolution in infancy research, a movement which aims to improve the practice of scientific research based on cooperative work and new ways of diffusing knowledge by using digital technologies and collaborative tools. The postdoctoral fellow will take a leadership role in large, international collaborative projects on infant development (i.e., ManyBabies) and conduct meta-science research aimed at improving research and Open Science practice in infant research. The postdoctoral fellow will have the opportunity to develop their own research ideas within the context of a research program on early language acquisition and bilingualism, implementing and innovating Open Science practice.
Academic qualifications required
· PhD in Psychology, Cognitive Science, or a related discipline
· Excellent computational, statistical, and technical skills (knowledge of R is an asset)
· Demonstrated commitment to Open Science
· Interest in human development, particularly in the areas of infancy and bilingual development
· Excellent organizational and communication skills
· Applicants must adhere to the postdoctoral fellow eligibility criteria outlined in Concordia University’s Postdoctoral Policy
· Both Canadian and International applicants are encouraged to apply
· While the lab is temporarily operating remotely, the postdoctoral fellow must be able to relocate to Canada to commence employment
Timeline and application process
· Start date is flexible, but preferably summer/fall 2021
· Applications will be considered on a rolling basis beginning on June 14, 2021, until the position is filled.
· One to three (1-3) page research statement/cover letter demonstrating fit with the program described above
· Current curriculum vitae demonstrating research excellence and a capacity for leadership in the domain (maximum 5 pages)
· Names and contact information of two referees
· Submit all documents by e-mail to Hilary Killam, email@example.com
The prestigious Horizon Postdoctoral Fellowships are valued at $47,500 per year plus benefits and full access to Concordia’s services, including GradProSkills.