Responsibilities may include: intervention development, manuscript preparation, project management, presentation of findings, development of coding schemes for video and audio recordings, and development and implementation of dissemination events for families and schools. A core part of one of the projects will be preparation of a registered report, thus, interest and knowledge of open science practices are desired.
Start date is negotiable, but preferred start is no later than August 15th, 2020.
For best consideration, applications should be submitted by January 4, 2020. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. Please submit a cover letter that describes your interests and fit with the position, CV, a scholarly writing sample, and names and contact information of three references. Questions can be directed to Dr. David Purpura (email@example.com). To apply, please go to Purdue’s Employment Website and complete the online application process.
Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. A background check will be required for employment in this position.
• PhD in Education, Psychology, Human Development, Communication Disorders, or related field completed by the start of the employment
• Background expertise in early mathematics development and/or language development
Additional Desired Qualifications
• Ability to work collaboratively with a research team
• Experience developing or implementing interventions with schools or families
• Knowledge of multilevel modeling
• Fluency in Spanish is beneficial but not required
Human Development and Family Studies
1202 W. State Street, Rm 231
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2055