See below for an opportunity in NYC that may be of interest to individuals (BA, MA, or PhD level) who are strong writers, interested in early childhood, and interested in a position outside of the standard academic route.
Grants and Development (Project Coordinator; early childhood focused)
Bellevue Project for Early Language, Literacy, and Education Success (BELLE)
and Video Interaction Project Center of Excellence
NYU Langone Health and School of Medicine
We are seeking a candidate for a position in the Department of Pediatrics at NYU Langone Health School of Medicine, based at NYC H+H/Bellevue in Manhattan to join a team that is examining and delivering parenting interventions to improve child development outcomes in at-risk populations at pediatric clinics across in New York City (Video Interaction Project; www.videointeractionproject.org; PI: Alan Mendelsohn, MD). The candidate will be responsible for multiple project tasks, and will work with a multidisciplinary team of pediatricians, psychologists, and other child development professionals.
Specific tasks may include:
· Identifying new sources of funding
· Writing new funding proposals
· Grants management, including foundations, private donors, governmental agencies and NIH
· Organizing grant management processes
· Writing and submitting reports
· Monitoring progress towards performance goals
· Development and maintenance of budgets
· Supporting development of contracts
· Compliance with regulatory requirements
· Assisting with branding, marketing and social media
· Assisting with fundraising and outreach activities
· Assisting with engagement with new and existing funders
· Assisting in facilitating collaboration with internal and external colleagues and stakeholders
· Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
· Ideally will have at least 1 year experience with grant writing, grant management, and budgets or other related activities in higher education, healthcare, or nonprofits
· Must have very strong writing skills, and be able to provide examples
· Must have experience with Excel and very strong database skills
· Interest and professional background/experience related to child development, school readiness, parenting, social determinants of health, pediatrics, maternal/child health, or other relevant areas very strongly preferred
· Spanish proficiency is a plus but not required
Note – exact job title, salary, and responsibilities will be commensurate with experience
To apply: If interested, please fill out an online Interest Form: https://is.gd/belleprojectapplication
If you have any questions or require additional assistance, please reach out to Yuliya Gurevich via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Project Coordinator – Grants and Development” in the subject line.
A verbal 1- to 2-year commitment is required. Full time positions come with comprehensive benefits packages. Note that NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.