Applications are invited for a fully funded post-doctoral research fellow position in the lab under the direction of Dr. Setoh Peipei (Nanyang Technological University, Psychology Program). Our research focuses on social cognitive development in infants and young children. The current research area of focus is on Singaporean children and adults’ intelligence stereotypes of different gender and racial groups. Information about the lab’s research is available at https://blogs.ntu.edu.sg/babylab
The research fellow will be expected to participate at all levels of the projects. The responsibilities include:
· Conducting studies with children and adults in the laboratory, as well as offsite (e.g., schools, afterschool care, libraries, science centre in Singapore)
· Recruiting, training and supervising undergraduate research assistants and graduate students
· Performing various research duties (e.g., stimuli design and creation, managing the lab’s IRB protocol, database management, data processing)
· Academic activities (manuscript preparation, presentation of findings in national and international conferences, grant writing)
· Working with local partners (e.g., schools, afterschool care, science centre) to recruit participants and organize offsite data collection
· Providing general support to researchers in the lab
· Ph.D. in Developmental Psychology, Education, or a related field
· Experience working with young children in research/school settings
· Research experience in early cognitive development/ stereotypes/ education pedagogies
· Proficiency with Stata, and/or R
· Ability to work independently, keen attention to detail
· Strong organizational, managerial, and problem-solving skills
· Candidate should be willing to make a 2-3-year commitment
· Experience with eye-tracking
· Ability to interact with a diverse population of participants
About Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
A research-intensive public university, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU Singapore) has 33,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students in the Engineering, Business, Science, Humanities, Arts, & Social Sciences, and Graduate colleges. It also has a medical school, the Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine, set up jointly with Imperial College London.
Young and research-intensive, NTU is the fastest-rising university in the world’s Top 50 and ranked 11th globally. NTU is also placed 1st amongst the world’s best young universities. The University’s main campus is frequently listed among the Top 15 most beautiful university campuses in the world and it has 57 Green Mark-certified (equivalent to LEED-certified) building projects, of which 95% are certified Green Mark Platinum. Apart from its main campus, NTU also has a campus in Novena, Singapore’s healthcare district.
For more information, visit www.ntu.edu.sg.
If you are interested, please email email@example.com with the following documents:
· A cover letter describing your research experience, relevant skills, and career goals
· A current curriculum vitae with complete list of publications
Please arrange for three referees to submit a confidential report on academic standing and research directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of the email please state Research Fellowship Application. For best consideration, please apply by 1st October 2020. Early January 2021 start date preferred. A two-year commitment is also preferred.
I will be happy to discuss further by email or via zoom.
Peipei Setoh, PhD
Psychology Program, Nanyang Technological University